"All you need is a mattress, something to hang your clothes on and something to plant your ass on. Minimalism is about the essence of things, stripping away everything until only the neccessary remains. [...] When decorating (or not decorating) your surroundings with the bare essentials and tossing away everything you don't absolutely love, the only thing remaining will be your personality.
Getting rid of clutter means getting rid of visual distraction and visual stress. "
(Ivania Carpio's blog)
" I mean, we're born alone, we die alone, and while we're here, we are absolutely completely sealed in our own bodies.
- Really weird.
Kinda freaks me out to think about it.
- We can only experience the outside world through our own slanted perception of it.
- Who knows what you're really like?
I just see what I think you're like.
- I'm exactly what I seem to be, if you look closely.
You know the only thing that has made the whole thing worthwhile, has been those few times that I was really, truely connected with another human being.
- I had a hunch about you, sir.
- You did?
- Yes, sir.
- I had a hunch you might be a real romantic.
You know, everyone keeps telling you that, "when you're older, you'll have all this experience", like it's some great thing.
That's a load of shit.
- I think I've actually gotten sillier and sillier.
- So all your experience is useless?
- No, I wouldn't say that.
As our friend, Mr. Huxley says, "Experience is not what happens to a man, it's what a man does with what happens to him."