25/01/2012

Visit - journal - record.




Knowing that I have to submit at minimum a journal post/ record about visiting for uni, even though it's for sure a pain in the ass for someone who's reluctant at keeping update online, I've actually taken my courage (fight the lazy virus!) to sweep off the dust of my blog and start writing some scrambling things tonight. So, mind my lame writing...

In the beginning of this 2nd uni year in Camberwell, I got a chance to visit the exhibition "Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970 - 1990" at V&A Museum with tutors and classmates. I really enjoyed the visit (if not too much ^ ^) not only because it's one of my most favourite museums in London but also because of its wittiness and 'coolness'. I was fascinated at almost every artwork and creations - which I find rather rebelliously novel at the time and still, they remain to conjure up "freshness" and excitement from the time they were made until today. I love love love the unconventional ceramic pots by Ettore Sotssass - optimistic and colourful, the new wave creations like the video "Bizarre Love Triangle" by New Order as well as I was simply impressed by how well V&A has displayed and positioned the work.

I was nonetheless, dazed.